Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Music To My Ears - Robert Zubrin Solves The Energy Problem (And Hits Terrorism Where It Lives)


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I usually don't write about anything unrelated to music or the music business, but the logic and comprehensiveness of Robert Zubrin's plan to solve the energy problem (and a lot more) is music to my ears!

Aren't you turning off listening to ALL the current presidential candidates? I mean really. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Nobody is saying ANYTHING that makes me think they know how to save America from ruin. George Bush and company have put us in this mess...but no one has a way out.

I say this in all seriousness. I will vote for the candidate who embraces and implements the energy policy outlined in Zubrin's new book, Energy Victory: Winning the War on Terror By Breaking Free of Oil.

Now, since I have not had the opportunity to read the book, but only watch Zubrin's presentation on BOOK TV (C-SPAN2), I won't attempt to review it. All I can say is, THIS GUY MAKES SENSE.

"[If Congress mandates that all cars sold in the U.S. be] able to run on any combination of gasoline or alcohol fuels - this one action would destroy the monopoly that the oil cartel has maintained on the globe's transportation fuel supply, opening it up to competition from alcohol fuels produced by farmers worldwide." -EnergyVictory.net

The Oil Problem, the Alcohol Solution

WE ALL KNOW WHY WE ARE SO HEAVILY INVESTED IN THE MIDDLE EAST: Oil. America is an oil junkie and the mid-east is our dope supplier. And we will do anything (or at least our leaders will) to make sure that we can get at the dope...including, duh, WAR. The answer is crystalline clear: We've got to get off the stuff!

Zubrin's "EnergyVictory" solution puts 50 plus million flex-fuel cars on our roads in three years. But more importantly, this SOLUTION immediately un-enslaves us from the middle east. We immediately STOP giving so much of our money to the Saudi's and start paying our farmers to grow fuel crops.

The plan also drastically reduces the damage being done to our climate and world due to the burning of fossil fuels. (How 'bout we tackle the "global warming problem"-and it IS a serious and immediate problem-at the same time!?)

We're screwed up America. Personally, I don't want to hear any more candidates telling me that they are going to fix things! I have NO FAITH that they know any more about how to actually to do it than anyone else. There's NO LEADERSHIP there. I want a PLAN. NOW. And I want to rally everyone around it and thumb my nose at those who are holding us hostage!! No more treading water and whining...ACTION...NOW!

Nobody knows who Robert Zubrin is!* And yet he has a PRACTICAL solution to three of the most urgent problems we have EVER confronted: Terrorism (yes, oil money funds terrorist acts against US!), the Energy Crisis (and the resulting ruination of our economy), and Global Warming!

*I went on YouTube and searched for videos about Zubrin (he HAS been on TV!). I found just two, with a combined "watched" count of about 1000 viewings...and neither was about "Energy Victory," but about his scientific work on projects related to Mars. Just for the heck of it (or "huck of it") I did the same YouTube search on Mike Huckabee (a long-shot for the White House in 2008). I found over 2000 videos on him and some of them had already been viewed over one million times. People know HIM...does Huckabee have a solution?)

Here's the plan:

o Let's GET OFF OIL and MANDATE that all cars sold in the US beginning in 2009 be flex-fuel.

o Let's turn the fuel economy into a competitive marketplace where our farmers can get a piece of the profits.

o Let's FORCE the price of oil DOWN through competition.

o Let's BREAK LOOSE from any NEED for middle eastern and (dare I say it?) Islamic oil reserves.

o Let's take control of our lives, our future, our country.

When is one of these so-called Great Americans running (or trying to run) this country going to step up and execute a plan? The Zubrin plan is the best we've got...and it will work. Gimme someone to vote for, please.

dj cd turntables

No comments:

Post a Comment