Thursday, July 22, 2010

R & B - The Stylistics


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I just had a record player for my 12th birthday was, and I need some records to play on it. I asked my mother for me to Sears to buy about 45, and when we arrived at Sears at the music department, played a song with beautiful female vocals. It was a song called "Stop, look, listen" by a group called The Stylistics. I fell in love with the song and that voice. I knew that I could not leave without buying Sears this record. I was lucky enough to buy, and when I go home, Iplayed over and over again on my stereo. I also tried to sing the female voice, but it was too high. I did not know then that the "female voice was the voice of a man.

That voice belonged to Russell Thompkins, Jr., and was part of one of the largest groups of RNB music history, style. By signing falsetto voice of Russell and producer Thom Bell beautiful melodies, style provided 13 Billboard Top Ten hits music RNB1971-1974. The best most voted songs of all these successes was "Betcha By Golly Wow," the two-hit on the Billboard music charts # RNB in 1971. The Stylistics were a big part of what was "Philly Soul" in the early 1970s with The Spinners and The O'Jays. But these groups do not have the "female voice lead Russell Thompkins. Jr. style will always be remembered with affection in RNB music history.

The Stylistics

- Founded in 1968Philadelphia, PA
- Members include: Russell Thompkins, Jr., Airrion Love, Herb Murrell, James Dunn, James Smith
- Russell Thompkins, Jr. left the group in 2000, and came in 2004 with his new band called The New Stylistics.
- Love and Herb Murrell Airrion recruited two new members, Harold Brown and Van Fields, and if it continues as a stylistic tour.

You're sitting at home listening to the radio on a nice quiet afternoon. Suddenly, the song "Pick Up ThePieces "by Average White Band comes on, and your mind back to yesterday. Where Were when I first heard this song? High school was your first dance? 'Status at a party with family and friends? Where were you? Think ...

No comments:

Post a Comment