Monday, August 23, 2010

80's Hits and Why I Can't Let Them Go


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Ahhh, the greatest decade of them all, the 80's. Remember all the great music, movies, and all things associated with the 80's? Come with me here for a few moments and let's take a stroll down the 80's memory lane. Ronald Reagan was our President, and nobody messed with the U.S.!! M.T.V. had just entered our living rooms, and the 80's music explosion took off like the space shuttle. Does anyone remember the very first video ever shown on M.T.V.? It was from a band named the Buggles, and the song was Video Killed the Radio Star. In fact, M.T.V. only had around 50 videos to air at the time, and the music world didn't think this type of entertainment would actually take off. How little did they know then! But slowly and surely, these little music videos started growing, and the rest they say is history.

I really believe that M.T.V. launched a thousand musical careers if not more. Everything from one hit wonders to 80's rock mega-stars like Van Halen and Def Leppard. Even artist and bands already established got a boost from this little music television station. I for one had no idea what these people actually looked like. I heard them on the radio, but didn't have a clue as to what their appearance was. I even remember that some of the 80's music I so dearly enjoyed, was actually sung by a high voice man, and not the woman I had thought! Come on, some of you agree with me don't you? Because of this exposure, I really got to know the people, the bands, and albums that all of these great 80's hits came from. Just to name a few of the videos and 80's hits I remember are Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Whitesnake's Here I go Again, the Go-Go's We Got the Beat, and how could we ever forget the string of 80's music hits from Kenny Loggins.

In fact, Kenny Loggins provided the music to quite a few 80's music soundtracks. Movies such as Caddy Shack, Footloose, and his ever popular, Top Gun. Top Gun also provided some great 80's hits from bands such as Berlin, Cheap Trick, and Miami Sound Machine. Some of the other 80's movie soundtracks that rate high with me are Visionquest, Maximum Overdrive, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and the ever popular 80's hit, Dirty Dancing. Nobody puts Baby in the corner!! Great movies, and incredible soundtracks as well. What were you doing and where were you when you first saw the 80's classic Purple Rain? What kind of a car were you driving? Were you even driving? If you are like me, you can hear an old 80's hit, see an 80's music video, and can instantly be swept back away to a simpler time. Thankfully, these hits are alive and well on the internet, and classic rock video channels.

So, there you have it. One persons reflection on the decade I will ever remember as the greatest decade there ever was. Thanks for sharing this memory with me.

hero dota ipad case reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment