Friday, August 20, 2010

Learning the Beauty of Music Composition


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Basically, it is a really good feeling to compose music. I had a couple of songs I have composed myself and believe me, the happiness is there. I could not contain the satisfaction I feel whenever I am playing those songs that have been the product of inspiration and effort to have. It is fairly easy to compose songs, but incorporating soul into the song is harder. You need pretty strong words to use and give more meaning to it than be just literal. I find songs with lyrics that let you picture out the whole story behind it while I kind of despise songs that do not have any meaning to it at all.

So here let me share you how I go about composing my own music.

Whenever inspiration hits me, I usually get the instrument for me to be able to write the lyrics and the tune which in my case have always been the guitar. I tried learning piano but I did not really master the instrument because I find the notes very complicated. So that is it, the first thing that you should do is to get your instrument up when you find something really motivating for you to compose a song.

Usually, the lyrics I use in my songs are mostly scribbles or words that pop up in my mind or phrase that I hear people say. I usually have a small notebook or scratch paper and pen with me wherever I go because I literally do not know when or how or where the words will pop up. During times like this, you need to be aware and very conscious of the things that suddenly come into your mind whether they are memories, experience or just random things. It does not really matter. You just write down anything that comes into your mind and that is all.

Once you have settled into something that is worth pursuing for, define the goal clearly and set up a time deadline for you to finish that song to keep you going. It is usually better for me to start composing whenever I am inspired by someone or if I am on the right emotion. You can never do anything good unless you take part of yourself into what you do. It does not happen often so you better be ready anytime. If you are not ready especially when inspiration strikes you, I guess that would be another part of the story.

I have experienced many dead ends when I compose a song or perhaps not really a dead end but a sudden mental block where you seem to lose all inspiration or even reason of why you were composing the song. I find this rather annoying because it is essentially an anti-climax and I hate it when I am being left hanging on thin air. All I know is that I really try hard to remember the feeling I had before I started writing the song.

hero dota ipad case reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment